RUN, BIKE, PADDLE
Date has been set for November 18, 2023
Contact HilaryJackson by phone at 512-516-9184 or by email at [email protected]
or Hoyt Moss 325-446-5087
Click on the following link to register:
Click the link below to access Facebook Photos provided by Torri J. Collins-Ehrlich.
Hill Country Challenge
The following is from the Nov. 20, 2021 Event:
Following in the footsteps of the legendary Martindale Tri, the swim leg will be replaced by a paddle leg. Pull together a relay (one person per leg), a tandem team (one runner, one cyclist, both paddle) or go it alone for this triathlon. Using what the hill country has to offer, the run and bike legs include challenging climbs and rolling hills while the paddle leg takes you on a trip down the lovely South Llano River, ending in town at Schreiner Park. With plenty of obstacles to keep you entertained, we’d love for you to join us here in Junction, Texas for a day of fun and friendly competition.
The challenge begins with a 7-ish mile trail run through the State Park. Please be aware trail is rugged with elevation gains! Next up is a 15-ish mile bike, which will take you from the State Park into town, with a steady climb halfway through that rounds out to some rolling hills all the way back to the State Park. Finally, a 5-ish mile paddle from the State Park to Schreiner Park in Junction, will give you a good taste of some of the best Junction has to offer!
Participants – there are three categories:
- Relay (one runner, one cyclist, one paddler) - Cost is $105/team.
- Tandem (one runner, one cyclist, both paddle in same boat) - Cost is $70/team.
- SOLO – (one person does it all) - Cost is $40/competitor
- Registration fees will cover the State Park fees and parking arrangements for competitors.
- Awards ceremony following completion of the paddle competition.
- Entry forms will be made available at junctiontexas.com
- Contact Hoyt Moss (325.446.5087) or Hilary Jackson (512.516.9184) with any questions or email them to