South Llano River Birding Festival
The Birding Festival.
Please plan to attend the 2021 Event.
The following is an overview of how the annual event is usually conducted:
- Activities begin Friday evening with a “Meet and Great” social at the Texas Tech Llano River Field Station.
- Saturday morning activities will include a Breakfast with the Birds, Golden-Cheeked Warbler Hike, Birding the Riparian, Birding Around Town, Mist Netting and Bird Banding followed by lunch.
- Saturday afternoon activities will include Birding Around Town, Birding by Golf Cart, Birding the Riparian, and a lecture titled Tweets, Trills and Whistles.
- Our day will conclude with a banquet dinner at the Texas Tech Llano River Field Station with Keynote Speaker, Dr. Clint Boal. Topic: “Land fragmentation and its effect on Raptors”.
- On Sunday morning all activities will be conducted at the South Llano River State Park. We will begin with Breakfast with the Birds at the Ranger Station followed by the Big Sit and Roving Guides.
- Register soon as spaces are limited to enjoy one of the more premier birding destinations in all the Texas Hill Country!!
Visit online to register and learn more about this year’s scheduled events!!