JUNCTION TEXAS TOURISM BOARD
730 Main Street
Junction Texas 76849
Recipients of Junction Tourism Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Money:
The primary objective of the Junction Texas Tourism Board (JTTB) is to entice travelers to the area, with a focus on maximizing hotel occupancy and promoting local businesses. The City of Junction collects a 7% hotel occupancy tax (HOT) from hotels and motels within the city limits for these purposes. A portion of these funds is used to aid projects that promote local tourism.
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of recent modifications the JTTB made to its application procedures for tourism grants. The JTTB believes these changes will (1) allow grant funds to be allocated on a more equitable basis to all applicants, (2) ensure that budgeted monies are not exceeded during the fiscal year, (3) provide for improved accounting of revenues and expenses associated with events, and (4) encourage better management of projects/activities.
Major elements of the grant application process include:
• The application period for accepting HOT grant applications shall open on August 1st and close on August 31st. The JTTB will make decisions regarding the applications during the month of September. This period corresponds with the JTTB’s and the City of Junction’s annual budgeting process and fiscal year, which begins on October 1st.
At its discretion, JTTB may consider grant applications at other times during the year. However, it is JTTB’s preference to review grant applications simultaneously and comparatively, so the likelihood of gaining approval outside of the primary application period is reduced.
• All applicants requesting funding for an authorized event shall submit a full and complete application package to the JTTB.A comprehensive budget for the project/event must be presented that details all revenues and expenses.
• Multiple events by the same organization are accepted. However, a separate application and budget must be submitted for each project/event.
• All event expenditures are on a reimbursement basis only. Going forward, normal practice will not be to advance funds prior to an event.
• As a condition of accepting grant funds, the applicant agrees to provide the JTTB with a written report that will include a full financial accounting of the event within sixty (60) days of its conclusion. Reports should include total revenues, total expenses, estimated number of attendees versus actual, financial impact of the event to the community, etc. For reimbursement, copies of receipts and forms of payment (cancelled checks, credit card, etc.) for subject expenses must be provided. Reimbursements will be issued within forty-five (45) days of receiving the complete report. The failure to provide the written report will jeopardize reimbursement and could make the applicant/event ineligible for future grant funding.
Find attached the new application package. This information will also be available on the JTTB website www.junctiontexas.com or contact Cheryl Herring at 210-289-2982 or email@example.com